Co-chaired by Mr Thomas Händel, chair of the committee on Employment and Social Affairs of the EP and the chair of the committee on Finance of the Dutch House of Representatives OR the Senate.
For this session, an overview will be given of the contribution that various types of investment could make to enhanced economic growth, convergence and competitiveness. Subsequently, it will be examined what obstacles to these investments may occur and how these can be overcome.
- Introduction of various scenarios for investment by Ms Laura van Geest, Director of the Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis
- Intervention by Ms Mari Kiviniemi, Vice President of the OECD
- Catch-the-eye / ‘bluecard’ debate
Co-chaired by Mr Jean Arthuis chair of the committee on Budgets of the EP and the chair of the committee on Finance of the Dutch House of Representatives OR the Senate.
This session will focus on the procedures that are being applied in the various Member States to ensure budgetary coordination, and examine what the role of national Parliaments is in that realm. Equally, it will examine what possible improvements can be made. In that respect, attention will be paid to the role of Fiscal Councils and the possibility to set up a fiscal stabilisation function for the euro area.
- Intervention by Mr Pierre Moscovici, European Commissioner for Economic and Financial Affairs, Taxation and Customs
- Intervention by Mr Francesco Boccia, Chair of the Budget, Treasury and Planning Committee of the Italian Chamber of deputies
- Intervention by Ms Pervenche Berès and Mr Reimer Böge, co-rapporteurs on a budgetary capacity for the Eurozone
Co-chaired by Mr Roberto Gualtieri, chair of the committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs of the EP and the chair of the committee on Finance of the Dutch House of Representatives OR the Senate.
This session focuses on the exchange of best practices and experiences of the Member States relating to measures to enhance economic growth, including the quality of public expenditures, convergence and competitiveness (as stated by Art. 9 of the Fiscal Compact).
- Intervention by Mr Jeroen Dijsselbloem, President of the Eurogroup
- Intervention by Mr Kees Vendrik, Vice President of the Netherlands Court of Audit
- Intervention by a Chair/Member from a National Parliament
- Intervention by a Representative of the European Parliament
Speeches by Mr Martin Schulz, President of the European Parliament and Ms Khadija Arib, Speaker of the Dutch House of Representatives.